The latest issue of our monthly magazine, Momentum, is now available.
48 Waurnvale Drive
Waurn Ponds, VIC 3216
p 03 5241 1160
Acts 2:42-47 (niv) They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43: Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44: All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45: Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46: Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47: praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
This passage of Scripture represents the foundation that the New Testament Church grew upon and functioned from in its beginning.
In this passage we find eight key ingredients that model Small Group Ministry in the New Testament and are the basis for our (WPCC) Ministry Strategy of LIFE Groups.
- Bible Study: “They devoted themselves to the Apostles’ teaching…”
- Fellowship: “They devoted themselves … fellowship...”
- Communion: “They devoted themselves … to the breaking of bread…”
- Prayer: “They devoted themselves … to prayer...”
- Support: “… they gave to anyone as he had a need…”
- Social events: “… they ate together with glad and sincere hearts…”
- Singing: “…praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people.”
- Outreach: “And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
Weekly Small Groups
If you would like more information about any of our small groups, please see the latest Momentum magazine, which you can download at the link below. Alternatively, please contact our Small Groups Co-ordinator, Paul Morgan by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the church on 03 5241 1160.